Tuesday, October 22, 2013

apartment tour

Our apartment is tiny. Not NYC tiny but tiny. I don't know the exact square footage but I do know that I can hear everything Richard says to the TV (usually while watching football or golf), from the bedroom.  It is tiny but I love it, it forces us to love each other that much more! Speaking of loving, we need a bigger bed (not what you're thinking). See, I am a crazy crazy crazy (should I say crazy one more time?) sleeper. I usually kick, slap, and steal the covers from Richard on a nightly bases. So we decided to upgrade our bed to a king for Christmas. We accumilated all our furniture within a year of moving in. I wish I had taken a picture of my bedroom the week before we moved in. It looked like one of those rooms you see on Hoarders (minus the garbage + cats). Collecting furniture worked out for us because it allowed us to spend wisely and stay in our budget. When we were collecting we didn't have a particular style. We always opted for white, after all it is my favorite! (and it matches with everything). 98% of what you see was either thrifted, craiglisted or made by Richard & I OR bought on clearance (I love clearance). Some of our furniture, like chairs, nightstand, lighting, were relived by Richard and I. I think he did an awesome job at our dining chairs (they use to be an ugly green and chrome....yuck!). All the art work you see was done by yours truly....with a little help of Richard on the sign in our room. Here you have it, this is our space....the space we created and moved into together for the first time! We hope to stay here for at least a year...or until a baby comes and white furniture just won't fly anymore.

   IMG_8008
IMG_8033
IMG_8032
IMG_8035
IMG_8015
IMG_8026
IMG_8010
IMG_8011
IMG_8014
IMG_8010
IMG_8011
IMG_8044
IMG_8015
IMG_8042
IMG_8064
IMG_8010
IMG_8011
IMG_8046
IMG_8010
IMG_8011
IMG_8051
IMG_8010
IMG_8011
IMG_8015
IMG_8026
IMG_8052

3 comments:

  1. Your home is amazing! Yessenia, I want to live here. I know it's small but that's what makes it so beautiful and quaint. Wow, I can truly say "I love what you've done to the place"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Straight from Better Homes & Gardens! I've seen bits and pieces over the course of you living together but you've really made it a little home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What city is your apartment located?

    ReplyDelete