Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My first time:


Food
One of the biggest struggles for me is finding the right things to eat when I don't have enough time to prepare a healthy and delicious meal. Usually I arrive home from work (after sitting in traffic for an hour) ready to eat everything in my fridge. I start to fix dinner which could take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending on what I am making. By the time I finish cooking and we sit down to eat it is about 7PM. I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do is put on my workout clothes and have a nice work out. No thanks. What I really want to do is sit on my butt and watch TV until I crash. Maybe it's the commute, or maybe I am just lazy. Either or, I needed to think of ways to save time. Working out is important....and it is crucial when you want to shed some pounds and not look like shrunken flab.
You might say, "why not work out in the morning?" well, you see, I tried that about a million times and out of all of those times I have won zero. I am not a morning person, AT ALL. So I have to workout after work, or else I don't have any time. My new plan is to exercise as soon as I walk in the door and eat dinner with Richard at 7PM. You might be thinking how in the world will I have time to workout AND cook a meal by 7PM? Do not fear....meal planning is near. That was cheesy.
 Anyway, I took a day off of working out yesterday to plan + prepare lunch and dinner for the next 4 days. That is 16 meals (I cook for 2). I began by doing an excel sheet of every meal I wanted to make. We had already gone grocery shopping on Sunday so I just went off of what we bought. I ended up making 10 chicken breasts, 4 tilapia fillets, 2 turkey patties, a huge pot of broccoli and carrots, baked asparagus, 12 boiled eggs, sweet potato and brown rice (for Richard). Simple, healthy and efficient.  
The process took me from 6PM when I got home to 10PM. I baked about 8 of the chicken breasts and that takes a while so I think that is why. It is my first time after all, I hope to make this process 2 hours instead of 4 for next week.

We will see how this works out, who knows this might be my new obsession and I might be able to get more things done while still eating clean. (keeping my fingers crossed).
Here is what I did:

Food
We buy our meats from Costco so as soon as I got home I defrosted them. **4 chicken breast were already defrosted.

Food
Prepared the broccoli!

Carrots
I like the skin on my carrots, Richard does not, but I don't think he will notice. :)

Food
This is so easy to make! sprinkle with olive oil, basil, salt and pepper....bake at 350F for 15 minutes. TADA. so good.

Food
I made chicken pockets to be able to bake them.

Food
I wrapped them in aluminum foil, leaving air pockets inside (not tightly wrapped) so they could cook. they took a while to cook, but were so good.

Food
I grilled tilapia.

Food
Grilled Chicken

Food
12 organic eggs...boiled, Richard would agree that I suck at doing this.

Food
work complete! well, almost, I am missing the brown rice for Richard. **you can't see but some of those have sweet potato :)

No comments:

Post a Comment