Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hi, it's been a while


I promise you when I say, "The first year goes by so fast". That is a line I heard far too many times when I was pregnant. If the eye roll emoji was a thing back then I would have used it a million times. Truth is...I should have listened. The only way I know it went by so fast is by the millions of photographs I have. I look back and think, "wait a second, that was just yesterday wasn't it?". Ella and I have become the best of friends. She is my little buddy who I spend my days with.

Back in December when it was time for me to go back to work full-time, I cried hard. Richard would hold me and tell me it was going to be okay. Finally one night we went over all of our finance stuff and here we are today. I get to be a stay at home mom. To say I am lucky is an understatement. I can't put into words what being a stay at home mom is for me. I grew up with my mom always home. She was there to pick me up from school, she cooked for me, she played with me. I look back  now and realize how lucky I was and how fortunate Ella is to have me home. Being a stay at home mom is also tough. You don't get much adult interaction. Poor Richard, as soon as he walks in the door I talk his ear off. I try to talk to Ella but she just mocks me. (Enter eye roll emoji here).

I am kind of regretful that I did not blog about all of our adventures when she was tiny but really....who the heck had the time? Now I will have a toddler on my hands and I will be more limited with time (chasing her everywhere) but I finally feel like I got this baby mom thing down. I feel its important to write stuff down. I want to be able to look back and laugh at myself. Even cry at some of my posts. Like the photo above. Guys, that was just yesterday.

This weekend we celebrate her first birthday. I will end this blog post before I start ugly crying in the middle of what seems like the HOTTEST day this summer.

You will see more of Ella and I soon, promise.

1 comment:

  1. Happy early birthday, Ella!!!!
    I can't wait to see birthday party pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete